Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cat Marnell

I am oddly fascinated by Cat Marnell.  I love me a good drug story.  I have been captivated by a few great addiction memoirs, my favorite of late is More, Now, Again: A Memoir of Addiction by Elizabeth Wurtzel.  I couldn't put it down on a recent vacation....it spoke to me.

I realize that like these gals, I also have a serious addictive personality and I am constantly teetering on the edge of truly going over....my personal need of self acceptance is the only thing that keeps me upright.  Cat Marnell says that she is going to write a book and I really hope she does, I will be first in line to buy it.

I find Cat to be cool for many reasons I am not: she lives in NYC, she is open about ALL of her issues (she wasn't always, but now she is!), she is beautiful, she is skinny (too skinny, like sickly skinny, but she is scared of being fat and will not allow herself to get past a certain weight), she has awesome clothes, she hangs out with lots of cool accomplished artsy people (many also fellow druggies), she does not care about what anyone thinks, she is borderline famous, she has ridiculous beauty protects and gets them for free, and she lives a life that she seems to have little regret about. She is so glam, I kinda want to be her, but without all the addiction because I know how much addiction sucks.

Cat wrote for XOJane before she eliminated herself and you can really discover her voice and personal struggles at Vice where she writes a column that may be done here real soon, I hope not, but sister needs time to finish that book I mentioned.

All of a sudden, Cat has become rather famous and I am not the only person oddly intrigued. I try to separate my emotions....am I jealous of her, or is this all fun at her expense?  I have yet to figure it out, but I will say I do a daily google search about her and I am always happy when something new comes up......I wish her all that she wants in this world, whatever that may be.

The internet surely enables a girl crush, even one on the opposite coast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your truth and I will continue to tell you mine......