Sunday, December 30, 2012

BEST FIND EVER Instead Softcup (and yes, for your vagina!)

I am going to share something personal....I know, I know, this isn't a revolutionary thing for me....

Okay, here is the deal.....I seem to always have my period when I see Crush.  Considering all the good luck I have had with him thus far, I will take it.  TMI, but he isn't freaked out by it, he considers it natural and a sign I am fertile (let us hope and pray as I have had baby FEVER lately!).  He will be one of those men who is going to want to do it a lot when I am with child one day.....I have a feeling I may have to get a fence installed in our bed to protect me from being handled...I can see me needed space when I am baking life.  We will cross this bridge when we come to it, but you know, I like to over-analyze everything and then some.

So, yes, where were we, of course, my vagina.

In an effort to eliminate my period this month, I attempted to skip my sugar pills in my birth control set and go right on to the active ones.  I have the kind of birth control that allows for this little trick and I checked in with my doctor before I decided to try my luck.  FAIL.  Instead of not being blessing with my gift this month, I have had my period for 8 days straight since I skipped the sugars and went straight to the actives.  This is no miracle.  IT SUCKS!  I checked back in with the doctor and it does happen sometimes, I guess my vagina just loves to look like a horror film.  Nifty.

I hit the web and started entertaining all options as it's possible that I may bleed all month.  I get to see Crush so rarely that while he doesn't care about being messy, it really creeps me out and washing a mattress pad is really not something I enjoy.  Especially when it isn't my own.  I just want to make love to my man without the sheets turning into a Jackson Pollock.

Here is what I found, Instead Softcup!  A miracle!  It is a menstrual cup that you insert kinda like a tampon and you can keep it in up to 12 hours.  BONUS = you can have sex with it in, NO MESS!

There are pros and cons to this, but I think the pros far outweigh the cons.  Here they are:

PROS:

1.  You can leave it in up to 12 hours

2.  You can have sex with it in (I will report back to see if this is a success)

3.  I find it less painful than a tampon

4.  There is no odor

5.  No risk of TSS with it in

6.  Great for workouts, long trips, traveling, camping, etc. (took a spin class with it in with no issue)

7.  Found mine at Walgreens for $8.00 for 14.   Online, drugstore.com has 24 for less than $10.00.

PLEASE NOTE: I tried the disposable ones.  They have 2 kinds, one kind that you can use your entire period (you rinse them out, 2 come in a box) and one kind that you use for 12 hours and thrown away (disposable).  I have only tried the disposable, not the reusable, so I cannot speak for the reusable.

CONS:

1.  You have to be comfy really touching yourself internally to get it in and out (I am really comfy with my friend, so no problem for me, but I know some don't like personally getting intimate with their flower)

2.  There is a learning curve to taking it in and out with no mess

3.  You can't flush it down the toilet like a tampon

So, I will report back to let you know how it holds up under sexual conditions.  I am very open with myself (a best friend refers to me as a "perv" which I greatly appreciate and consider a compliment) and my Crush, so he knows about it and we are going to be conscious of it this week when we reacquaint ourselves.  From the reviews I read, sometimes gents can feel it and sometimes they can't.  Every one is different, so I think this is best explored between 2 people privately.

Also, I have had no accidents or leaks yet with a heavy flow, so I do think if you use it correctly, you shouldn't either.

Email me (readyandfading@gmail.com) if you have any questions, I promise you it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Not to be even more disgusting, but I use the Diva Cup. You can't have sex with it in, but I think its better than those softcups. When I was younger I used to bleed very heavily. The Diva cup lets me actually take a measurement of how much I bleed (it holds .5 oz), so I can report back to my doctor. Its a cince to put in and take out, now that I've used it for so long. I never use tampons or pads, ever. Its seriously the best thing ever, its reusable, costs $20 and you can find them at whole foods or online.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your truth and I will continue to tell you mine......