I was texting with one of my BFFs this morning about overeating and tracking and it made me think...why do I binge or even just overeat? It is rarely, if ever, because I am hungry, we all know this....lately it has been because:
1. I am procrastinating about work that needs to be done.
2. I am nervous because my life is transitioning again, aka, the Crush. I don't deal with transitions well or smoothly ever. I am trying to be more conscious this time.
3. I am bored and stuck at home. Cabin fever.
4. I am self-sabotaging. I do this every ten pounds or so I lose. I get cocky. It is such a catch-22.
5. I have a fuck it day and eat chocolate for breakfast and then give up.
6. I don't track.
7. I wait too long to eat and then I get too hungry to control myself.
8. I try to quell my anxiety and inner thoughts by crunching.....always chips or crackers.
9. I didn't sleep well, so instead of taking a nap, I munch. I need to just take a nap.
10. I didn't work out. On the days I workout, I subconsciously tend to eat better.
Good news, there are solutions, easy ones actually, for these reasons....so, now I am going to reread my list and work on it!