It is that time of year....yes, the time when the gym will be packed and I won't be able to get a spin bike. The time where there will be no seats left at my WeightWatchers meeting and all of the cottage cheese I like will be sold out....Resolution time!
I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions, but I do believe in goals. Resolutions always seem so half ass, by February I will have my normal spin bike back and all the resolutioners will be back in hiding until the cusp of 2014 when the will appear again for a few energetic weeks....I am ready to do and not just go through the motions anymore. Losing weight will be on my list though. I am unoriginal like that. Here are 13 goals for 2013:
1. Download all of my CDs onto my computer. Yes, I still listen to CDs. I also still have a BlackBerry. I never embrace technology. Throw out empty CD cases that have no CDs. Organize my iTunes library. Join this millennium officially....
2. Collect all my past due money from 2012. Some clients don't like to pay. I don't like to beg for my hard-earned money, I find it insulting (and I HATE confrontation, so I ignore what I need to do to avoid conflict....). Sometimes you have to and when all else fails, refer to the contract. Time to get that money, honey. I hope to grow some balls in 2013.
3. Say "NO!" This pertains to bad clients. I see them from a mile away and then I STILL try to help and make it work. NO NO NO! Then we do this song and dance where I stick up for myself and they decide they don't want to work with me even though I didn't want to work with them first. And then.....I get MY feelings hurt, even though I am happy and relieved and the outcome is what I wanted. JUST SAY NO. NO NO NO FROM THE BEGINNING! My time is NOT for free. I am worth money and I am worth respect.
4. Be honest. Always. No exaggerations, no little white lies. No telling someone what they want to hear because they want to hear it. 2012 was the most honest year of my life, I want to continue on this path. NO LIES. NONE.
5. Go to the gym 3-5 times a week. Because I love the gym. Because it makes me feel good. Because it is good for my mind, my body, and my soul. Do not get obsessed about the gym and put pressure on myself when I must skip a day for work. Everything in moderation.
6. Attend WeightWatchers meeting 3 times a month. On Mondays. At the meeting I like. 4 times is a goals, 3 is realistic. Get down to a good healthy weight for me and stay there.
7. Continue to refrain from fake food (fat free, sugar free, etc.). When I eat naturally, I feel better, yet I always slide into my old safe habits when WeightWatching....NO MORE.
8. Complete a century bike ride. 100 miles in one day. I have one picked out. Crush is going to do it with me. It is an ultimate goal of mine, it is getting done in 2013.
9. Track my food intake everyday. The good, the bad, the ugly. If I bite it, write it.
10. Be a better auntie. See my little one and little one to be more often. Plant the favorite auntie seed. I am lucky that my little one likes me so much as I don't visit enough. We established our bond early, but I need to be better about regular visits.
11. Get all caught up on everything that I haven't wanted to finally address: all emails returned, new website finished, thank you notes written, clean out the basement, throw out books, old clothes, and toiletries.....get ready for the move.
12. Write a daily task list each and every morning. Make it realistic. Complete all tasks on list (as much as possible) before bed each night. Be positive, be efficient, be realistic.
13. Find a new job in the south. Update the resume, finish the website, find a great job for me. Get excited about new beginnings. Move it to the best city in the world and the same one as Crush.