Even since Dominick Dunne passed away, Vanity Fair hasn't really been the same to me, but I still do love the Proust Questionnaire and reading how famous people answer these defining questions.
I decided to answer them myself and share them with you, seeing that I am not sure I will ever be on the last page of Vanity Fair....Enjoy!
1. WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST FEAR?
2. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT STATE OF MIND?
Anxious and excited
3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OCCUPATION?(WAY OF SPENDING TIME)
Riding my bike, walking barefoot on the beach
4. WHAT HISTORICAL FIGURE DO YOU MOST IDENTIFY WITH?
5. WHICH LIVING PERSON DO YOU MOST ADMIRE?
Cat Marnell for being a mess that just signed a half million book deal.
6. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FICTIONAL HERO?
Sybil Carpenter in a "Perfect Day for Bananafish" by Salinger
7. WHO ARE YOUR REAL-LIFE HEROES?
My mom, my dad, and my Sissy
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST TREASURED POSSESSION?
The first piece of jewelry Crush gave me: a pearl bracelet, my late Nana's patent leather purse
9. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU HAPPIEST?
At the beach with Crush making love under the stars
10. WHAT IS YOUR MOST OBVIOUS CHARACTERISTIC?
My big mouth and my love of people
11. WHAT IS THE TRAIT YOU MOST DEPLORE (HATE) IN YOURSELF?
Dishonesty, over-promising and under-delivering
12. WHAT IS THE TRAIT YOU MOST DEPLORE IN OTHERS?
Bullying, small mindedness, being fake
13. WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST EXTRAVAGANCE?
A good steak and a strong martini made with Grey Goose
14. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE JOURNEY?
The one I am about to take and spending the entire day with a good book
15. WHAT DO YOU MOST DISLIKE ABOUT YOUR APPEARANCE?
My cellulite and psoriasis
16. WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER THE MOST OVER-RATED VIRTUE?
17. ON WHAT OCCASION DO YOU LIE?
When I know someone cannot handle the truth
18. WHICH WORDS OR PHRASES DO YOU MOST OVER-USE?
Basically, In all honesty, In my opinion, I understand, Let me help you
19. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT YOURSELF, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I would weigh 155 pounds.
20. WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT?
Leaving a bad relationship and coming home when I know I needed to for my own health.
21. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE?
Where I am going and by the beach
22. WHAT IS THE QUALITY YOU MOST ADMIRE IN A MAN?
Chivalry, manners, and kindness
23. WHAT IS THE QUALITY YOU MOST ADMIRE IN A WOMAN?
24. WHAT IS IT YOU MOST DISLIKE?
Lack of integrity, snakes, and spiders
25. WHAT DO YOU VALUE MOST IN YOUR FRIENDS?
Intelligence, an open ear, and a sense of humor
26. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO DIE?
Sleeping in a warm cozy bed next to Crush while I dream of all of my favorite people.
27. IF YOU WERE TO DIE AND COME BACK AS A PERSON OR AN ANIMAL, WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE?
A bird....perhaps a bluebird or a robin
28. IF YOU COULD CHOOSE AN OBJECT TO COME BACK AS, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
A comfy couch that my family loves to lay on
29. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO (WORDS YOU LIVE BY OR THAT MEAN A LOT TO YOU)?
It only takes one, True loss is the only way to get to real love
30. WHO HAS BEEN THE GREATEST INFLUENCE ON YOU?
My mommy. She had withstood a lot, inspired me, and taught me that no one is perfect