Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Book Review Time: Drinking and Tweeting and Other Brandi Blunders (Review #1)

I love to read.  I love it all and plan to share some of my favorite books here as summer approaches and I am sure some of you may be looking for quality (hehe) beach reading.

So, yes, my first book review involves Brandi Glanville of the Eddie Cibrian/Leann Rimes love triangle and of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills fame....but, let me tell you, Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders is not half bad.

Last weekend while on the trip, one of my besties (who has the same refined reading palette as me) recommended it as a fun, light, but also pretty good book for some airplane and before bed reading.  She finished it in less than 2 days and thought I would love it.  She actually said "you are Brandi." and I agree.

Whereas, I do not have breast implants, a divorce agreement, or 2 sons, we do share the same outlook on life, men, and owning reality (she is open about her depression, vagina, and bad relationships), so if you are looking for a quick breezy and super juicy read, indulge just a little, you will not be disappointed.

Prior to reading this little book, I really HATED Miss Brandi.  I thought she was dramatic, entitled, and pretty much living on another planet.  But, now, I am totally Team Brandi.  Sister went through a lot, was left with nothing, and made lemonade out of crab apples.  She really persevered first and foremost for her children and I can't hate on that......read the book, you will see!

5 comments:

  1. Just finished watching my taped RHBH finale. Brandi was not my favorite however, I have never been known to turn my nose up at a book by a RH. By the way... How about Faye Resnick and the blonde with the braids trying to steal all the camera time?! Looked like an audition to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never watched the show or heard of the book. Perhaps I'll take a looksee at it after I finish Mindy Kaling's book.

    I feel like if I were to watch those shows I would just get too sucked in.

    Really appreciated the comment you left for me. I think you are totally dead on that he did like me but wasn't really sure how to handle it or what he wanted. Thanks miss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so sucked in!!! I do. Awww, thank you. He did like you. I know it. Men who don't go away do this, they NEED the last word. Why? Because he liked you. Your story reminded me so much of a man I dated for a while off and on who did the SAME thing Nick did to you. I walked away. Surprised him. I slammed the door right in his face. He is still pining for me. Sending me emails and texts and he has never gotten over it. We last saw each other 3 years ago. You deserve and will get so much better!

      Delete
  3. I cannot bring myself to read her book. She is a "mom" at the kids school and her son has been in Tallulah's class. She is a mess. A month ago she came to school with her boobies and hoo-ha hanging out with a necklace that read "fuck'. Classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...this is the juiciest tidbit. So classy. I am in awe of the gawking you must get to do. Awe. I like you even more after this post and I think I will have to go back to not liking Brandi.....

      Delete

Tell me your truth and I will continue to tell you mine......