Monday, November 19, 2012

3 Great Drug Store Finds!

Happy Monday!  I am enjoying a very sunny day in my pretty city....just waiting for the winter to really set in.  I am just about to take a bike ride with my dad, because yes, my friends do mostly consist of people who qualify for social security.....

I am an old soul and my best friends are busy tending and making babies, so I make do with my social situation.  BTW, when my dad is great company (and not a moody inflexible curmudgeon who has the same reasoning as Larry David which happens sometimes, too) he reminds me of Crush, not in a creepy way, just that they are both pretty awesome guys who are tender with good hearts.

Blah blah blah, back to the products!

I believe in high and low.  Get a dress from TJ Maxx, but pair it with an incredible pair of shoes.  It's kinda like sweet and salty.  Everything awesome is awesome because it's a bit out of the box.

That's how I feel about my beauty routine if you haven't noticed....use the super duper pricey Clarisonic with the $5.00 face wash....balance is the key to EVERYTHING in life I have slowly found.

I am a product adventurer.  No better happiness is found than when I get my hands on something I have never used before and it actually is awesome.  Double bonus points and rainbows if it is not expensive.

1.  Oil of Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti Aging Detoxifying   Pore Scrub: (I dare you to say it 3 times fast....what a LONG name!!!!):

I love me a little exfoliation, but standard exfoliates are often harsh on my skin and leave me with red and ruddy cheeks.  Enter this little gem.  I use this every other day or so in the morning to look fresh faced.  As I get older, my skin can handle a lot less harassment (picking pimples leads to scars...BAH!), so you may be able to use this every day, it's quite gentle.  I like to use my Basis face wash first and then "polish" with this.

Little secret?  When I use this, I actually cleanse with my fingers for the face wash step with the Basis and then follow up with this on the Clarisonic.  Angels sing my face looks so smooth.  Try it.  You're welcome!

2.  Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo:

Dry shampoo has changed my life.  I can actually not wash my hair everyday now that I found it.  This as well as a few other holy grail hair products I have found (WHICH I WILL SHARE IN A POST COMING SOON) have allowed me to seriously have pretty great locks without spending hours taming them.

Years ago, when I was in college, I used to spend 3.5 hours a day blowdrying and flat ironing my hair.  My dear friend, the super smart one who also made me go see the clairvoyant, had the good sense to encourage me to embrace my wavy hair as "what was the point in straightening your hair if it only gets wavy when you go outside in the humidity?"  And duh.  Sometimes I don't get the obvious.  Wavy hair is sexy hair anyway.  So back to the dry shampoo....

Well, dry shampoo can be expensive.  Before it really trended, it was ONLY $25.00 and could be found at Sephora when it wasn't sold out and I still bought it because if you haven't tried it, you will see, you get volume for days and washing hair is annoying and time consuming and boring.....this little prize also smells dreamy, like coconut and vanilla, and works as well or even better than the brands that cost 4 times as much.

I had never heard of this brand, Not Your Mothers, but one Friday night when I was hanging out with one of my best friends who happens to be 17 and I used to nanny for when I was in high school....yes, I am a person who hangs out with 17 year olds and 64 year olds and no one actually born in their own birth decade......we went to Target after eating Chipotle and bought a bunch of toiletries.  This was one of my purchases and I haven't been without it since.

Here is how I use it:

1.  Spray roots UNDERNEATH front layers of hair (I get super greasy here) and then a few inches down from my part.

2.  Let sit for 1-2 minutes and imagine how hot I will look with white hair (the shampoo sprays on white).

3.  Blast the powered wig (my hair) with a blowdryer for 2 minutes or so, working the powder in with a brush, comb, or your fingers.

4.  Restyle with my curling iron for 3 minutes.

5.  Leave the bathroom.

3.  Colgate Optic White Toothpaste

I still wear my retainer.  I got my braces off when I was 12.  Once, in college, I was a victim of crime (along with a few other of my friends).  The crazy girl we were friends with (she disappeared between sophomore and junior year and was recently met up with by smarty best friend (yes, the one who encourages clairvoyants and wavy hair) and smarty went to meet her for coffee and reported that "she still seemed kinda off and they didn't have much to chat about"....I was selfishly relieved....this loon was a whole breed of whack) got her car broken into and several of us had stuff in there.  I lost many things (books, homework, makeup), but the real violation set in when I realized that my purple sparkle retainer was missing.  I mean, Sparkles and me endured so much together....camp, late night drunk Cheetos, bar and bat mitzvahs....it's NOT FAIR!!!!!  WHAAAAAAH!

So yes, I am into my teeth.  I floss, too.  I try to keep them white and bright and now that I don't smoke or drink 14 diet colas (or Diet Dr. Peppers specifically) a day, it has been a bit easier.

This toothpaste is wonderful.  I swear it works.  My teeth haven't looked so pearly since Clinton was president.  It is a total steal.  I use an electronic toothbrush for maximum cleaning power.  I like the ones you can throw out if you are too lazy to put more batteries in them.

When I was last with Crush, I was using my Clarisonic while I used my electronic tooth brush and he said "look at you, you have such great personal hygiene, but you rely a lot on machines...."  I mean, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So true,  because I'm LAAAAAAZZZZZZY!

Have a great day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your truth and I will continue to tell you mine......