I love making lists. It is the OCD wedding planner in me. I have found that if I do not write it down, it will not happen, so here is a little list of some of the many things I am very excited about doing once I get to Charleston:
1. Ride bikes with Crush. One of my most favorite things to do in the entire world is to ride a bike (and take a Spinning class and it just so happens that Charleston has an amazing studio!). Crush doesn't have a bike and hasn't been on one in some time, but he is planning to buy a new bike the very weekend I arrive to town. Crush used to be a long distance runner and is in good shape, so I know he will pick it up easily and we plan on exploring South Carolina on 2 wheels (no motors!!!) this fall.
2. Sip some Queen St. Punch at Husk. Don't get me started on this miraculous concoction. Once I had a few too many and flashed Crush in his car. Pure perfection, not too sweet, not too fruity, but smooth as silk and served just the way I like it, with 1 gigantic ice cube stuck right in the middle of a large tumbler. The bar at Husk is super adorable and worth a trip even if you can't get a reservation at the restaurant (they book weeks out).
3. Swim at Folly Beach. My new apartment is less than 10 minutes away from Folly Beach. A gorgeous public strip of beach right outside of Charleston proper. I look forward to sunning my skin (and helping my psoriasis go away...nothing helps me better than salt water and sun), reading some books that I have been hoarding for 2 years, and taking a little nap on the sand. Crush is perhaps the only person in the world who thinks I look sexy (his words) in a swim suit (bikini), so I plan on rocking one for him.
4. Chow down on shrimp and grits. Charleston has the best shrimp and grits. I can't get enough of them and eat them far too often. Some of my favorites that I have tried (so many more restaurants to explore!) can be found at Poogan's Porch, Hall's Chophouse, and Slightly North of Broad (SNOB).
5. Prepare a picnic lunch for Crush and enjoy it together while people watching (one of my favorite hobbies!) in Marion Square.
6. See The Beach Boys preform live in October. I love The Beach Boys, so this was a nice little surprise from Crush.
7. Attend a debutante ball this winter. There are no words to describe my excitement about this. I love all things tradition and if they involve formal white gowns, well you know I am there!
8. Visit Savannah, Georgia (a place I have always dreamed to see) for a long fall weekend. This is the replacement trip for missing Memphis.
9. Tour Boone Hall Plantation (where Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively got married). We have been trying to go, but it has rained every time, I am determined to tour the grounds.
10. Experience an oyster roast. I have never been to one, but Crush gets invited to them all the time, so I can't wait to see what it is all about.